In just a few days, we will meet at Misty Hills in Muldersdrift, Gauteng, our “village” for the SAACI Congress 2018! Delegates from all parts of South Africa, and from other countries, will join us for networking, collaboration and learning. As you start preparing for your attendance, we wish to share some useful information with you.
If you are travelling from out of town, it is recommended that you use Lanseria Airport, if you have not already made your flight arrangements. For transfers from Lanseria or OR Tambo, please contact Citishuttles, on 0861 114 557 , or Ralph on 0720438491. Transfers are for your own account.
Check-in at Misty Hills is from 14h00. The Registration Desk will be open on Sunday afternoon from 14h00 to 16h30, to collect your name badge and settle any outstanding accounts. Since we are practising sustainability principles as much as possible this year, please be advised that you WILL NOT receive a delegate bag. Instead, you will be issued with a voucher to spend at the Sustainability Village, where you will be able to purchase merchandise produced by community cooperatives, including bags, and other items. You may choose to bring your own bag to the conference.
The Patrons’ function, by invitation only, will be held from 15h00 – 16h30 on Sunday afternoon, in the Exhibition Centre. At 16h30 the congress delegates will join the patrons for some fun filled activities. Please be sure to wear comfortable, flat shoes, and bring a good dose of energy! These activities will be followed by dinner in the Lapa.
- On Monday morning at 6h45 we start with a walk through the indigenous botanical garden at Misty Hills, accompanied by the horticulturist.
- This will be followed by an orientation for first time attendees,
- Conference starts at 9h00.
- After a day of interesting and thought-provoking presentations – including an exciting take on the AGM (aka the Awesome Gathering of Minds) – we finish with the networking and awards dinner at the Carnivore Restaurant.
The theme for the dinner is “The Village People” – however you wish to interpret that: a traditional African village, a village on the coast of France, or the 1980s band of the same name. Let your imagination run wild!
- Tuesday morning at 6h45 sees yoga on the lawn of the Summerhouse Restaurant – a great way to start the day, on a fresh winter’s morning in Gauteng!
- CMPs attending are invited to join our table for breakfast before the conference starts at 9h00.
- Another informative and interesting day of presentations will end with Lumka Msibi – trailblazing rocket scientist and entrepreneur –
- Followed by the farewell cocktail function on the pool deck, where Misty Hills will plant indigenous trees as part of their, and our, sustainability initiatives.
In between these great events, we have BlendaVenda creating smoothies on a bicycle, parallel sessions in the same venue facilitated by Silent Events, and meeting matching to maximise your experience.
We are very excited about welcoming you to our village, and we wish you safe travels. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any information or assistance on 011 482 2835 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be onsite for the duration of the conference and can be reached on 083 657 2321.
Ripcord Promotions Team and SAACI Local Organising Committee