In Partnership with
Official Events Management Software Partner
The world as we know it is changing at an alarming rate. Various and numerous social, environmental and economic issues have moved from simply being issues to becoming critical problems in increasingly urgent need of attention and the application of solutions. These solutions need to be found and applied collaboratively and on a large scale.
As the association which governs and leads the conference industry within Southern Africa, SAACI acknowledges that we must act beyond what is required of us as an organization. These actions need to accommodate the legal and regulatory frameworks governing our activities and must be guided by ethical and authentic behaviour throughout the events industry. This will provide a solid and enduring foundation for sustainable growth in the events industry.
This is a journey, and we should continue to demonstrate our commitment to this journey during the SAACI Congress 2019. As such, we will promote, incorporate and embed sustainability within our event strategy and operating models and methods, while also providing education and awareness around the importance of, and requirements for, a structured approach to the opportunities and issues that confront us in delivering on our Vision.
SUSTAINABILITY VISION AND ACTION STATEMENT
To grow and future proof the industry by demonstrating its essential and positive role in building a sustainable Southern African society through collaboration, supported learning and the application of sustainable and ethical choices in the delivery of conferences and events.
LEARNING – GROWTH – COLLABORATION
In order to facilitate the delivery of the vision, we commit to regular reviews at all critical performance points, wherever relevant and/or possible throughout the eventing process, while also actively providing support, guidance and encouragement to sponsors, suppliers and other stakeholders involved with the event to do the same.
We do, however, acknowledge that this is a journey and not a destination, and continuous improvement in all aspects of the eventing model can always be made. We are committed to monitoring and measuring the event’s planning and implementation of selected and relevant policies and procedures pre, during and after the event. To validate this, we have retained the services of an outsourced third-party specialist.
We aim to achieve this by taking the following steps:
- Encouraging our suppliers, business associates and delegates to support our recommendations and goals;
- Raising awareness and communicating the impact(s) of the event and our efforts to address these;
- Selecting partners, product and service providers that share our vision and intentions for the event;
- Reducing, minimising or avoiding the volume of waste associated with the event;
- Providing environmentally responsible catering opportunities;
- Monitoring, managing and recording consumption of various finite resources wherever possible;
- Working towards the minimization of damaging emissions related to energy and transport;
- Avoiding the use of harmful and environmentally unfriendly chemicals and cleaning products; and
- Contributing to a sustainable legacy initiative following the event.
National Vice Chairperson
Every action counts, no matter how small.
Collaboration is key
Together we can!
- If you make use of a notepad, be sure to hand it in at the exit before leaving so that it may either be recycled or donated.
- Before leaving, hand your lanyard and name badge in at the exit or the various drop off points.
- Carry a refillable water bottle with you, instead of purchasing bottled water.
- Switch off all appliances and lights when not in use in.
- Request that your linen and towels not be changed daily.
- Aim for a quick shower, instead of a bath.
- Turn the tap off when brushing your teeth.
- Reduce your carbon footprint by making use of the shuttle, local transport or carpooling with fellow delegates.
- Remember to buy local during your stay for the event. This benefits the local economy and community though purchases such as souvenirs, food and beverages.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the above information. However, SAACI and its subsidiaries’ make no warranties, expressed or implied, regarding errors or omissions and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for loss or damage resulting from its use